26 August 2009

THE RAPING OF THE SEX PISTOLS...AND YET AGAIN

The Sex Pistols iconic album titled 'Never Mind the Bullocks, Here's the Sex Pistols' has been used by Big Bowl to advertise their chain of Asian influenced (loosely stated) restaurants. The original album art represented one of the best known catalysts for the Punk Rock music movement, ever...The Sex Pistols.
Jamie Reid was the artist whose 'cut & paste-DIY' style created one of the most universally well known album covers to date.
I find it mighty insulting that Big Bowl - Fresh Chinese and Thai (one of many in the 'Lettuce Entertain You' chain of restaurants) has felt some strange sort of connection to the The Sex Pistols with their 'Never Mind Chinatown...' campaign. What the hell could they (Big Bowl) be thinking? Do they feel that they too are all about anarchy and making bold, life changing statements? Take it from me, I've dined on some Big Bowl before and I can assure you that the only thing that changed in my life was my drawers. A poor attempt at Asian food and a poor attempt at being cool. Hey, Big Bowl, kiss my bollocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment