21 July 2009

KINDERGARDEN BUS: RUNS ON FRENCH FRIES

So I'm zippin' down the Expressway outside of Chicago today and see this huge, grey, behemoth. I think to myself 'wow, it's been a while since I've seen a busload of hippies', 'is there a Dead concert nearby?' So, like I said, I'm zooming in on said primer-painted bus, I read the spray painted ads that litter the bottom trim: 'kindergardenbus...' & 'this bus runs on waste vegitable oil'. I then realize that this is one of the few converted vehicles on the road that I've been hearing about that run on bio-diesel aka veggie oil, recycled Mickey D's. I was dropped-jawed. This reclaimed Blue Bird bus is big, big like a house and it's like, a hundred years old or something and it's running on the Expressway...on the remains of french fries, that crap that heart attacks are made of. Now that's pretty rad.

http://kindergardenbus.org

No comments:

Post a Comment